Senegalese is a type of hair extension, which have grown in popularity. The hair extension can be purchase on Amazon. This technique hides the hair root within the hair extension. It looks similar to Marley braid Havana but there’s a subtle difference. For Senegalese is thin and smooth hair texture to give the slick hair look. The instructions below is performed using Senegalese braid but you can change the braid into Marley or Havana braid according to your personal preference.
Here are the steps:
- Spray a fine mist of water with a few drops of essential oil or you can use a dab of wax to prepare your hair before braiding.
- Divide you hair in 4 equal sections, and clip rest of hair.
- Comb a section of hair about the size of an 1 cent coin. For a more natural look, select some section close and others wider from each other.
- Then divide the section into two parts.
- Unpack the Senegalese hair and separate the bundle of hair into 6 single strands of hair.
- Fold the Senegalese hair into half.
- At the root of your hair section, twist in the Senegalese hair with your own hair, using clockwise fashion.
- Do the same for the next side.
- Twist in a clockwise fashion the Senegalese hair until the very end of the hair length.
- At the end of the hair tips, you may use hot wax to seal of the tip or you can dip it in hot water for a minute.
Easy Senegalese braid-style!
(Image source: Pinterest Hair)