Silk locs is the beautiful euphemism other than dreadlocks, which brings with it a kind of negative vibes. There’s nothing bad about these babies other than they’re definitely killing it at the dance parties. Sway your hips and bounce your locs, surely these will get your the attraction you want. To do this, you will need to get dreadlock extensions and a latch hook, to help you attach the locs into your hair.
Here are the steps:
- Separate a circle bundle of your hair about the size of 1 cent coin.
- Tie up the rest of your hair with a hair band.
- Separate the bundle of hair into 3 sections and begin to weave using the 3 strand weave method. Weave about an inch from the root of your hair.
- Using the latch hook, pin the middle of the hair root in a horizontal fashion.
- Open up the latch hook and use it to hook up the locs. Secure the locs by closing the latch hook.
- Slide out the latch hook from the middle of the hair root while pulling the locs through the hair section.
- At the other end of the locs, push it down the circle of the other end of the hair locs, currently hold down with the latch hook.
- Re-open the latch hook and remove it from the locs.
- Pull the end of the locs and fasten the locs to your hair securely but not too tight. Remember tight braids will wear out your hair quickly.
- Using the latch hook again, secure your own hair section and slide it in the locs, effectively hiding them in the locs.
(Source image: Out.com)