Marley is a special braid extension. It needs the hair extension called Marley Hair which can be purchase on Amazon. This technique hides the hair root within the hair extension. It looks similar very similar to Marley braid but there’s a subtle difference. For Marley hair braids are coarser but much thinner hair structure, provides for smaller twists, lighter and airy. In terms of price comparison, Havana hair is $12.99 whereas Marley braid retails for $4.99 to $8.99 per package. You can substitute Marley hair for Havana if you do prefer Havana.
Here are the steps:
- Spray a fine mist of water with a few drops of essential oil or you can use a dab of wax to prepare your hair before braiding.
- Divide you hair in 4 equal sections, and clip rest of hair.
- Comb a section of hair about the size of an 1 cent coin. For a more natural look, select some section close and others wider from each other.
- Then divide the section into two parts.
- Unpack the Marley hair and separate the bundle of hair into 6 single strands of hair.
- Fold the Marley hair into half.
- At the root of your hair section, twist in the Marley hair with your own hair, using clockwise fashion.
- Do the same for the next side.
- Twist in a clockwise fashion the Marley hair until the very end of the hair length.
- At the end of the hair tips, you may use hot wax to seal of the tip or you can dip it in hot water for a minute.
Easy steps to Marley braid-style!
(Image source: Pinterest Sherry)