Havana is a special braid extension. It needs the hair extension called Havana Mambo Hair which can be purchase on Amazon. This technique hides the hair root within the hair extension. It looks similar very similar to Marley braid but there’s a subtle difference. For Havana hair braids are softer but thicker structure able to provide that full volume hair look. In terms of price comparison, Havana hair is $12.99 whereas Marley braid retails for $4.99 to $8.99 per package. The instructions below is performed using Havana braid but you can change the braid into Marley braid according to your personal preference.
Here are the steps:
- Spray a fine mist of water with a few drops of essential oil or you can use a dab of wax to prepare your hair before braiding.
- Divide you hair in 4 equal sections, and clip rest of hair.
- Comb a section of hair about the size of an 1 cent coin. For a more natural look, select some section close and others wider from each other.
- Then divide the section into two parts.
- Unpack the Havana hair and separate the bundle of hair into 6 single strands of hair.
- Fold the Havana hair into half.
- At the root of your hair section, twist in the Havana hair with your own hair, using clockwise fashion.
- Do the same for the next side.
- Twist in a clockwise fashion the Havana hair until the very end of the hair length.
- At the end of the hair tips, you may use hot wax to seal of the tip or you can dip it in hot water for a minute.
There you have it, easy tips to install Havana braid-style!
(Image source: Pinterest Kennedy)