Next easiest braid style after 3 Strand Braid is the 4 Strand Braid. The 4 Strand Braid is a thick braid style and looks powerful. The braid is suitable for formal events such as cocktail and dance parties yet also makes for a beautiful wedding tress. In the 3 Strand Braid, we weave the left and right strand into the middle strand in an alternate fashion. Where as in 4 Strand Braids, we weave the middle stands together and then encircled the outer strands, alternatively.
Here are the steps:
- Spray a fine mist of water with a few drops of essential oil or you can use a dab of wax to prepare your hair before braiding.
- If you do not require hair extension, divide your hair bundle into 4 equal parts and skip Step 3 and 4.
- You can opt for a smooth and thin extension such as Senegalese hair if you need hair extension. For full head extension, it’s recommended to use at least 4-6 packs.
- Fold the hair extensions in half and separate your initial hair bundle into 2 equal section. Wrap both bundle with the hair extensions and twist once on each side to secure the extension.
- Now you have 4 strands of hair and imagine they’re labelled as Strand A, B, C and D. Or you can use different color hair bands and tie up the 4 strands.
- Next overlap Strand C over Strand B.
- Next overlap Strand C under Strand A.
- Next overlap Strand B over Strand D.
- Next overlap Strand D over Strand A.
- Next overlap Strand A over Strand B.
- Next overlap Strand C over Strand D.
- Next overlap Strand B over Strand C.
- Continue to weave this pattern until the end of your hair and secure it with pretty hair clip or hair band.