For all beginners , there is no braiding style much simpler than 3 strand braid. In fact, 3 simple braid can turn into very beautiful and complicated designs later. And it’s easy to learn. Master this simple technique and you can magically transform your hair into beautiful hair piece in matter of minutes.
Here are the steps.
- Spray a fine mist of water or mineral oil on your hair and comb several times with a fine tooth comb. This step is important to reduce frizzy and stray hair which can mess up our hairdo.
- Collect all of the hair and hold with your left hand.
- Imagine your hair in 3 equal strands in your mind.
- Using your right hand, try to catch 1 strand of hair from the bundle of hair.
- With your left hand, catch only half of the remaining hair. You now have 1 strand of hair in your left hand, 1 strand of hair in your right hand and 1 strand of hair left in the middle of your head.
- Now, to start the braid, cross over your right strand of hair over the middle strand and then release and quickly catch the middle strand of hair. Now the original middle strand of becomes your new right strand.
- Then, cross over your left strand of hair over the middle strand and then release and quickly catch the middle strand.
- Repeat this criss-crossing this weave by alternating between your left and right hand.
- At the end of your weave, simply tie a hair knot to keep it tidy and straight.
- Use a beautiful clip that you like and fasten it on the hair knot.
There you have it, 10 simple steps to do a 3 strand braids.
(Image source: Pinterest Trend)